Sorry it’s been so long.
I’ve been reading a lot about vegan/food/animal/media things as I’m crafting my thesis. I’ll be sharing some of that stuff as it comes together.
But until then, here’s some interesting things to ponder.
- What’s my first instinct when a bird flies into my window? Not to eat it that’s for sure; but that’s what this guy in Texas did.
- Do you ever wish that you could marry food? Well cookies and chai married each other in this new recipe from Post Punk Kitchen; I’ve probably made them four times now since the recipe was posted two weeks ago. They’re pretty much the pinnacle of cookie perfection.
- Ever wanted to get a text message from a cow’s vagina? Nope. Me neither. But this farmer in Switzerland thought it would be a good idea.
- None of my grandparents were vegetarian, or Buddhist for that matter, but this guy chose to honor his grandmother by being vegetarian for a month.
- Ever wonder what sort of progress is being made in animal law? Well the Humane Society wrote this handy little piece about the 10 most important state laws made for animals in 2012 so far.
- Whether you’re vegetarian or vegan, you’ve probably apologized to someone at some point for your diet, because it was either making them uncomfortable or because it was an inconvenience at a dinner party. Well maybe it’s time we stopped apologizing for our compassion.
And if all this doesn’t satisfy your desire for veggie/animal/weird news, you can check out my Tumblr for more vegan musings, as well as nerd-tastic posts, and ubiquitous pictures of cute animals.